Thursday, October 6, 2011

Red Hat Society

If you are under the age of 50, chances are you don’t know much about the Red Hat Society. You might see these groups of ladies wearing mismatched red hats and purple attire shopping at the mall, having high tea, or taking up a large corner of a restaurant. I remember seeing them when I was a teenager, and thinking this was all very silly and all very silly looking.

Until I learned a little bit more about them. The Red Hat Society started by accident really. A friend was inspired to give the gift of a framed poem and yada, yada, yada, they soon had 18 ladies going out for tea dressed in purple dresses and red hats inspired by the poem. So what does their organization do? Nothing, really. And that is the part that I really enjoy. It solely exists for women to pursue fun and friendship; that’s it. And I love it.

As I grow older, I’m beginning to see the ultimate value and sheer importance of harnessing solid friendships. When times get tough, you turn to the friends who are already there. Because of my schedule, job, and lifestyle, it’s no longer convenient to spend time with friends. They aren’t just down the hall at work or a member of my church that I’ll see after service.

You silly red hat wearing ladies inspired me again. And while I’m not about to go out and buy a pink hat (for junior members under 50, really silly, right?), I do plan on making my time with ladies in my life intentional.

Here are some photos of my delicious breakfast with Kristen. Cinnamon roll pancakes were on the menu.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reads: