Friday, April 12, 2013

So, This is 30!

Since I don’t have the expendable income to spurge on a 2001 Toyota Celica (I miss my little car!) or the brash boldness to jump out of a plane (yikes!), here’s my version of my early-life crisis. In the spirit of turning 30, here are some gems of wisdom that I’ve picked up throughout the decades.



1. Never underestimate the benefits of a great haircut. 

2. Where your fancy jewelry today. 

3. Don’t let your college degree typecast you. 

4. Unforgiveness really is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to die. 

5. After becoming a mom, I’ve learned that I need more sleep than I thought to function. 

 
6. Keep the kid alive in you. Ride on a shopping cart or get a piggy-back ride.

7. Stay relevant to your world. Don’t let yourself say, “I don’t get it.”

8. Do things that you didn’t think you could. Or at least try. 

9. Stop living for regrets and what-ifs. Learn that “mistakes” and “failing” is not the end. (Hear me through this: I’m not talking about reckless living, just following dreams you didn’t think were possible.)

10. You are not your job, your degree, your income, or your home. God sees explicit value in you beyond anything you can have possession over!

11. Fight to love giving more than receiving.

12. Playing the victim in life doesn’t get you ahead; it’s exhausting!

13. Spilled milk is nothing to cry over. Neither is lost money or a stained shirt. 

14. Learn to control your tongue. It can be a powerful weapon or a powerful blessing. 

15. Fight to see the best in people. We are conditioned to judge others by their actions and ourselves by our intentions. Reverse that.




Part 2 will be posted in a few days :)

1 comment:

  1. Well done and appreciated! Happy soon-to-be 30th birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reads: