Wednesday, October 31, 2012

We are Helping the A21 Campaign this November!


I’m thrilled to announce for the month of November, 30% of my sales will be donated to an organization called the A21 Campaign. Pioneered by Christine Caine, who hails from Hillsong Australia, the A21 Campaign provides tangible ways for human trafficking victims in Greece, Ukranine, and Bulgaria to be loved and comforted through shelter and transition homes.

Their first shelter was opened in Greece in 2008 and now provides medical care, psychological care, vocational training, education assistance, counseling, and legal assistance. Encouraged by the words of Margaret Mead, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has,” the A21 Campaign continues to expand their offices (now in three continents, including North America) and work with justice systems to see new victims rescued each month.

With the words of Margaret Mead in mind, Today is a SunnyDay will be doing its part to help this cause. The A21 Campaign has a list of ways to help here. Here is how Today is a Sunny Day will be helping and I welcome you to join me:

  • Donate. 30% of Today is a Sunny Day’s profits will be collected to donate items and gift cards for the Greece transition home. If you are already planning to shop with Today is a Sunny Day this month, you are already doing your part! If you would like to donate any additional funds, donate through this listing.


  • Write a letter. I’m writing at least 4 letters this month to the victims who will be rescued in Greece as an act of encouragement to let them know that someone was praying for them. If you would like to write a letter, feel free to send your words of encouragement to me and I will print them out (and make them look pretty). I must receive them digitally before Nov. 19.


  • Pray. This month I’m dedicating a portion of my daily prayer time to specifically praying for safety, comfort, and hope for the future rescuees in Greece.


  • Get social. I’m doing my part, through my Etsyshop, blog, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to promote for this cause. If nothing else, feel free to repost or use your social media platforms to partner with me.


  • Send stuff. Today is a Sunny Day will be donating a few boxes of supplies to the Greece transition home. The excess of funds will be used to purchase gift cards for the transition home to use (since there are weight restrictions for mail). If you would like to make your own donation box, learn more about it here

If you would like to learn more about the A21 Campaign, visit www.thea21campaign.org.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reads: