Friday, February 10, 2012

Making Life Beautiful - DIY Home Calendar

Now that my husband and I are working for separate companies, I realized it was tricky for us to stay updated with each others schedule. I decided it would be a good idea for us to have a family calendar.

There were a few challenges:

1) It needed to be centralized in our home.
2) It needed to be cute. 


Here's the supplies I used:
-- Poster frame / picture frames
-- Colored cardstock and patterned paper
-- Ruler
-- Straight-cut / scissor


First, I choose 4 different kinds of paper - white, sea green, pale purple, and a striped pattern. Then I cut them into 2 inch squares. I have a straight-cut so this made the process very simple and each cut was perfectly straight. If you don't have a straight-cut, you can use scissors.



Next, I arranged the square in the pattern that looked best to me and used a ruler to tape them down in straight lines across my picture frame backing. Previously, I covered the photo frame backing with kraft paper gift wrap. It's very inexpensive and can be found in your local craft store. It's great for gift wrapping and can add a sophisticated, yet homemade touch to presents.






Next, I arranged everything I was going to hang on my dining room table so I could find the perfect arrangement. You'll also see some wooden frames that I tucked ribbon into and I later attached clothespins to hang loose photos, invites, and to-do lists. 





Here's the finished product!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Reads: